email

Let you know per email when new content is posted? (..and only then! I hate spam just as you do.)

Friday 25 April 2014

concert photography

i brought the camera along for a rock concert yesterday and learned a couple of lessons
(also thanks to matthias hombauer, an established concert photographer who gave me some tips afterwards)

1) pick a lens that has a decently wide aperture. i had an 18-135mm f5.6 with me and that was not so great. next time i will try a 50mm 1.4 - although that one is quite heavy.

2) shoot in manual. my camera likes to make rather "creative" choices under the lighting conditions of a stage so i set it to manual and went this way. my settings for the pictures below were f5.6, 1/60 iso 6400.

i'd prefer to shoot at a smaller iso setting due to excessive noise but in the end.. well, you learn. here are some pictures from that shoot:








No comments:

Post a Comment